a place to call home
The Stanton House Museum and General Store, held in trust for the people of Clinton, contains three generations of the Stanton family’s original antique furnishings and store inventory. The well in the back yard marks the site of the first classes of Yale University.
The elegant William Stanton Andrews Memorial Town Hall, with solid brass water fountains, marble floors, gold leaf painted ceiling, which in addition to governmental offices, houses a professional theatre, Masonic Hall, Historical Room, a former paneled Court Room, and kitchen with a formerly fully equipped pantry with table settings for serving 200 persons.
The Captain Elisha White House circa 1750, (Old Brick), current home of Clinton Historical Society, its tool museum and gardens, was the bequest of its former owner and society member.
Clinton Republican Town Committee
The (original) Morgan School, gift of native Charles Morgan, including an accompanying trust fund which paid the education costs for Clinton students into the 1930s.
Copyright © Clinton GOP. All Rights Reserved.
Paid by Stephen Simoncini